Welcome back to school! I am so excited to begin another school year! Below is the curriculum I wrote for the Lower School science program. This was sent home last week:
We do not use text books or workbooks in the OHA Lower School (LS) science program. I write every lesson myself & I create every worksheet that we use in class. I base our LS science curriculum on the Next Generation Science Standards (
http://www.nextgenscience.org). I am always adding to the curriculum as I come up with new ideas & find new technology. Recently, I've added the use of the 3-D printer and Lego robots to my lesson plans. Last year, I bought a green screen! Third graders will be using it to learn about our solar system, I can't wait to see what they create!
Some photos of my classroom over in the Science Center:
(That's my daughter helping me in my classroom over the summer!)
This is the sign students see as soon as they walk into science:
Sign on my classroom door:
So true, right?!?!
To get to the Science Center, we take the boardwalk through the beautiful woods. It's a long walk for the children, so please remember to dress for the weather on science days. We walk over to science in snow, rain, & sun! We do not allow students to use umbrellas when walking over to science as they are used as swords, light sabers, and eye-pokers. Please make sure your child keeps a rain jacket in the classroom cubby! I don't want anyone getting soaked!
Looking forward to a great year in science!!
No comments:
Post a Comment